Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: LLL meetings?

Default LLL meetings?

Hi,
    I'm just wondeirng about the LLL leaders/meetings. Are these made up of Moms who have breastfed? or are they lactation consultants?

thanks.

Default Re: LLL meetings?

Hi austinbaby,
    LLL Leaders are experienced breastfeeding mothers and volunteers. Some Leaders are also International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs) but during an LLL meeting they should be wearing their "volunteer" hats.
    The foundation of LLL is mother-to-mother support. At meetings you will meet other mothers and Leaders to share experiences and information.
    HTH!
    Mary

LLL Leaders have also been thru an accreditation process where we learn about breastfeeding and helping the mothers and babies. There is a lot of reading that we complete, along with discussions with another leader.

There is more to the accreditation process that this, but I just wanted to let you know that we are more that "just" mom's who have breastfed our children.

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here

Thanks for clarifying that, Angi! That accreditation part was in my head but I didn't type it, obviously!
    Mary

I wanted to say that I wasn't taking away anything from LLL leaders by saying "just" moms. I was asking if they had to be certified in anything.
    I have already spoken with one leader thru email who was VERY HELPFUL and had some GREAT TIPS.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by austinbaby
    I wanted to say that I wasn't taking away anything from LLL leaders by saying "just" moms. I was asking if they had to be certified in anything.
    I didn't think you were, just wanted to clarify

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here

I just wanted to add to the meetings are cool!

Every group is differnt but the leader in our group plans the informations she wants to talk about and then the group gets to talk about it.
    (there are 4 meetings in a row that cover all of the things you need to know about nursing and mothering a baby)
    then we get to have a yummy snack, and social time with the other moms.
    its fun to watch the new babies in the group be born and the older babbies get older. And I always seam to learn something new even after 3 years of comming.

Yup, that is the best part about th emeetings is that you can meet other like minded moms and see other babies that are growing and healthy and breastfed!! It was a very good social outlet for me the first few months, too!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...