Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is this the start of a strike?

Default Is this the start of a strike?

Today was a weird day with dd. Actually the whole weekend has been weird. She started about two weeks ago and would clamp down or just bite my nipple. Not a big deal she would let go when I jumped or I tell her to stop. Nothing bad I did not yell just lost my breath.

Anywho, I tried to feed her a few times and she would not nurse. I took out 8oz of frozen milk and she drink the first 3oz in 20min and fell asleep. Three hours later I gave her 5oz after getting tired of trying to get her to nurse. She drank her bottle in 40min and enjoyed biting the nipple and stuff. Dh thinks she really wanted food not milk but took what I gave her. I did get her to latch on about 1hr after the bottle but all she wanted was to suckle(sp).

I think dh is right she just wants more food, but I also think she just did not like the breast today? anythoughts?

Right now I give her 2oz jar at breakfast and 2oz jar at dinner. Then she bf on demand about 7x's a day for an average of 8min. Except just before bed and naps she will nurse for about 30min average.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

Default Re: Is this the start of a strike?

Has she started teething yet? Lance bites the bottle nipple a lot when he was teething, and their eating habits can get erratic when it starts.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Default Re: Is this the start of a strike?

She as been "teething" for a few months with no results. She is fussy, sleep patterns are all over the map. She wakes from a nap and screams and crys. I pick her up and she a falls a sleep.

well crankie pants is up.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.