Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: which baby food processor do you own?

Default which baby food processor do you own?

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to start solids smx soon, especially bc he doesn't seem to nursing as much and I want to make sure he's getting enough in his tummy. I've heard a lot about mom's making their own baby food and using baby food processors. Which one is the best? I guess I'm looking for something that will puree foods instead of simply chopping or mincing bc when I tried to give squished veggies yesterday and he seemed to have a hard time swallowing.

Thanks ladies!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Default Re: which baby food processor do you own?

I just use my Cuisinart, its a combo blender and food processor. It works great!
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

I have used a mini-food processor and a Braun hand mixer (not one with beaters, but rather a blade similar to a processor). I like the smoothness of the pureés that the Braun makes. I have a couple of girlfriends who use food grinders and like them.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

I haven't tried this yet, but a friend of mine rec'd a small black & decker food processor she got at wal-mart for $10- said it works great.