Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help! Teething baby!

Default Help! Teething baby!

Hi everyone,

My son is in going to be getting his two bottom teeth soon, it seems like it's starting 2 bother him now bc when he bites he'll start 2 cry. Are there any homeopathic remedies that I can offer him. He's being really fussy and finicky too Ideas, tips -I'll take anything.

I haven't bought him a teething ring bc I heard soft plastics are bad for kids. They have a chemical of some sorts? Is that true?

Thanks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Default Re: Help! Teething baby!

hyland's teething tablets and teething gel work really well for us. i've also heard caldera-carbonica will help when it seems like they've been teething FOREVER.

frozen mangoes are actually my ds' favorite teething soother though.

emily

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Baby Tylenol helped tremendously, although some prefer Baby Motrin. Check with your ped. to know dosage of each.

I've also read to beware of using things that numb gums as it can make nursing tougher and they are chemical-ly (that is actually a technical term.) Besides, they only work for a very short period of time and then baby is right back to hurting.

We froze wet washcloths in the freezer. We have a mesh teething feeder which we got after round 1 of teething, so I now have it ready when round 2 starts.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

We're not there yet (and I hope it will be a few more months, but I doubt it). I found something intriguing though--Momsicles!

The site said to freeze breast milk into little popsicles or to make it into ice cube shapes and put it in a mesh feeder. Good for teething or an alternate method of feeding breastmilk (sounds too cold right now, but it could work).

http://www.mother-2-mother.com/momsicles.htm
    Stephanie, mom to Jaime Hoban 11/04/07 and Annika Jayne 12/21/09

We . . . no room in the bed for more!

We love our cloth diapers!

You read my mind bc I actually gave him one of my frozen milk bags to gnaw on and he felt a little better. The only thing I wonder about is freezer burn, if I just leave it uncovered like ice cubes wont it get a burn?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!