Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I had to feed her formula:(

Default Re: I had to feed her formula:(

it definately could be a growth spurt. there really is no set 'time' for them. My son was about 5.5 months when I noticed something similar going on. His sleeping, eating, and behavior was changing...it did pass, and I can understand your frustration, because the waiting is killer. Just hang in there! I do agree, if you have a pump, perhaps try pumping your milk if you can?

How often does she get a bottle?? Maybe some nipple confusion is going on? The flow of the bottle is so different, maybe hold off on the bottle for a few days and see what happens?? She will eat when she is hungry, just maybe follow her cues for a while, instead of offering every X hours *if that is what you do, not sure*

Sorry this is so jumbled, just trying to throw out a few ideas. I hope things calm down soon!!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

I am a feed on demand girl, so she eats every 1.5-2 hrs. She has not done it her past 2 feedings, thank God! She did not have a 4 month spurt so maybe this is it. She gets a bottle at night to take her meds. but the new bottles had stage 2 nipples, so that may contribute to it. Ah, by BF journey has stayed complicated....but I can do this!

Leah 10/11/07

Quote Originally Posted by Leahsmom1011 View Post
    I am a feed on demand girl, so she eats every 1.5-2 hrs. She has not done it her past 2 feedings, thank God! She did not have a 4 month spurt so maybe this is it. She gets a bottle at night to take her meds. but the new bottles had stage 2 nipples, so that may contribute to it. Ah, by BF journey has stayed complicated....but I can do this!
    That could definitely cause her to have a flow preference and become frustrated at the breast. Is there any other way to give her meds? If it is liquid, you could do a dropper or syringe. If it is a powder, you can usually wipe on your nipple. Hang in there! Good luck!

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

Default UPDATE:I had to feed her formula:(

She is still fussing off and on, but I am taking 16 pills of fenugreek a day, and that has seemed to help. She only screams maybe half the time now, so we are improving. We have not given her formula since that one time, and I hope to keep it that way. Thanks for all the help and encouragement. Now if she would just stop the screaming completely.

Leah 10/11/07