Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: blister

Exclamation blister

i have a blister under my nipple what do i do

Default Re: blister

Can you describe this a little more, please? Is it like a little pimple with a white top or something else? Where exactly on the nipple area is it??
    -Linda

its red but just under my nipple you know those normal bumps we have around our aerola well it is one of those just swollen no white head on it yet but stings and swollen

Hmmmm. OK; we'll it doesn't sound like a bleb.... I'd know what to suggest immediately it it was. I'm not familiar with what you are describing, I'm afraid.

Can any LLL folks or someone else who has seen this chime in??

Sorry I can't help right off; I'll check some books I have after DS goes to sleep and see if I come up with anything....

-Linda

Leighahh,
    What happened today at the doctors? What's the stat on the Mastitis.....

Are you still pumping alot? Is that area of your nipple rubbing against the plastic of the pump parts? Could it possibly be a friction blister?? Have a close look at that spot - if you can - while you are pumping. If that's part of the problem, perhaps some lubrication there (like a tiny bit of pure olive oil) might help reduce any friction.

Did your doc look at this when you were in?

-linda

well i went to the dr yesturday and she is a ding bat i asked her about the mastitis and she told me to wait and see if it gets worse, then i asked about my milk supply she told me she doesnt know anything about that and since she is pregnant for the first she said she guesses she will have to learn herself, she then said i should talk to the ped dr. ughhh i am so through with her. but it does feel better since this time i have been working through it.
    i hope it will get much better soon i just bought off ebay a brand new never been used ameda purely yours pump so we will see.

You GO with your resilient, resourceful self!!! That's the pump I have and I Love It!!! PM me if you have any questions that aren't answered in the manuel! I'd be happy to walk you through it. It can be overwhelming to look at, put together but I swear it's the easiest thing ever! Good luck! Sorry your doctor is so worthless! Have you tried to find a LLL meeting near you?

Hang in there, Leighahh -- your persistence and resourcefulness are bound to be a real inspiration to the other moms who struggle here. I hope things are soon on a more even keel for you! Keep us posted.

--Rebecca