Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cold Med.

Default Cold Med.

I have a cold what kind of med can i take since i am bf?

Default Re: Cold Med.

Hi Christina!

We're not health care professionals, so we cannot suggest medications or tell you which medications are safe. We can, however, give you information on specific medications that you can share with your hcp. Is there any specific medication that you were considering taking?

No my cold is real bad i just wanted a list maybe

In that case, you might find this (non-LLL) resource helpful:
    http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/cold-remedy.html

Please note that it's always recommended to talk to your hcp before taking any medications (OTC or otherwise).

HTH!

What kind of symptoms are bothering you the most?

Often times mom can get away with taking a minimal amount of medication , for just one thing and can 'work through the rest' ---

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Slight sore throat stuffy and runny nose my ears are blocked coughing sneesing but what bothers me most is my blocked ears

well that is probably due to congestion and those meds (decongestants) can carry the most concern for a bf mama. BUT check out the link above and see what you find

Make sure your taking in plenty of fluids and eating and resting as much as you can
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Thank You i will try i have a rambuncios little one

I know this is going to sound really strange but it helped me. I have a terrible cold too. I'm real congested. My mom read about rubbing your feet w, vicks vapor rub & putting them in socks. I asked my pharmacist & they said vapor rub was ok, just don't get it near where the baby can touch so putting it on your feet is perfect. I didn't believe is but I did it last night & this am & I'm feeling better already. So give it a try. I won't hurt to try it. He also said sudafed pe was the safest to take if you had to but I just don't want to take anything b/c my baby is already on an antibiotic for green, snotty nose & a steroid & breathing treatments. I don't want anything else going into his body.
    Jennifer, 1st time mom to Noah. Born August 27,07 by c-section after 12 hours of labor.

Check out my website
    www.myspagirlparties.com/jennifermorris