Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please READ.....

Default Please READ.....

Hi my little one just turned 7 months old. We have be bf only. I tried to introduce babyfood and cereal to her at 6 months but about an hour after she vomits and she does not stop(it is bad). So about a 2 weeks ago i started to make my own baby food to see if it helped. IT DID. I mushed up carrots then a couple of days i gave her peas. And now i am on mashed patotes. She does not puke. I was wondering if this happends to anyone else. Their little one cant eat baby food only food i eat. Also i want to know what i can make her and how and how many times she should be eating solids agian.

Default Re: Please READ.....

Did u try it more than once? I friends baby vomitted after eating cereal for the first time. It might be the iron that bothers her in the cereal?? My dd has loads of issues with solids but she seems to spit up more after cereal ( I hardly give it to her).
    It doesnt matter how many times she eats solids .. before 12 months solids are for trying and learning about taste and texture. I give me 9 month old solids between 2-4 times a day... she plays with the food and takes a few bites and still nurses 8-9 times a day.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

I have never experienced the vomiting issue and am currently introducing solids to my youngest. Here's a great link with lots of info.

You do not have to do purees, you can skip them all together!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Maybe she has an allergy of some soft? When the food is prepared outside there are high chances of cross contamination, so its hard to say which food is the problame.

Keep preparing food for your baby, veggies and fruits are great first foods, I never gave my LO any cereal (he is allergic to milk and it made him gassy) you can find some great info in this website, www.wholesombabyfood.com.

HTH

Proud Mother to Ziyad, born naturally, November 3 2006

Breastfed for 26 months and still co-sleeping
    "Do more than belong, participate. Do more than care, help.

Do more than believe, practice. Do more than be fair, be kind.

Do more than dream, work!."

my lo didn't vomit with cereal but he did gag and make faces like it was the worst thing he'd ever had! he hates all the puree foods unless it is like applesauce. he'd rather have real food in chunks. it could be texture maybe?

I know this is an old post, but I was just about to ask the exact same question. Christina07, did you by chance find out what caused this?

I fed my LO (5.5 months old) some cereal 4 or five times, and each time she throws up, violently. Not just spitting up, I'm talking projectile vomit stuff. She empties everything in her stomach until she's dry heaving. This will start about 2 hours after the cereal anf last for a few hours. Then after some much needed sleep, I'll nurse her and she'll be fine.

Is she just not ready for cereal? Or is this an allergic reaction? She does great with mashed peas and carrots. BTW, I only started giving her a teaspoon or two because she was so interested when we would have dinner and she loved eating it. She still loves her carrots, but I haven't dared try the cereal again. The last time I did, about 2 weeks ago, she only had a babyspoonfull, but that still made her very sick. It only lasts for a few hours, as soon as it stops she's back to normal....

Does anyone have any idea what this could be about?
    Last edited by oliviasxmom; April 9th, 2008 at 09:36 AM.

so baby have any other signs of allergy?
    This page might help:

http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/LV/LVAugSep97p75.html

dr sears also has some good stuff on his web site about figureing out allergies...
    http://www.askdrsears.com/

She's never shown signs of any allergy at all. And I'm pretty consistent with what I eat, I'm not very adventurous lately. She's EBF and the only times she has ever done this is after the cereal. There's no history of allergies in my family, and my husband and I have none either....
    Whatever this is, it's mysterious. Her 6 month check up is soon and I'm definately going to see if the pedi knows anything about it. I was just hoping someone else found out what this is about, so I can stop worrying. Thanks for the info.

She doesn't nutritionally need the cereal, so if it causes that much of an issue, I would just move on and let her go with the veggies, etc. Could be the added iron...

my lo didn't do well with cereal. She never vomited, but was up all night the 2 times we tried it and was very fussy so I didn't mess with it. I was told that cereal is very hard for them to digest until they are about 8 months. My LO will be 9 mo on sat and she now has some cereal at the dc and does okay with it.
    Jen 30 ~ wife to Gary
    step-mom to 12 yo Hayden
    mommy to 1 yo Lilly

Goals:

We made it 1 YEAR!

My Lilly Bug is offically 1!

trying to quite but still

Loving & & ing