Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible

Default Is it possible

My 10 week old hads been sleeping from 11 to 6 for the past week or so. DD1 was a terrible sleeper so I can't say I am not happy. She eats well during the day and is gaining great. BUT today I am feeling crampy...is it possible that AF is back already? B/c thats what it feels like...Please say no
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

Default Re: Is it possible

Could be that it is indeed that. Sleeping longer than 5-6hrs overnight without nursing can bring back fertility. I'll hope it's not that, though, I like having a long time without a period. Good luck!

My older son was like that. I actually called the ped int he middle of the night to see if I should wake him.

Then came my daughter...urgh!

The baby sleeps great, but he sleeps with us more then the ther 2 did.

yes it could be but lets hope not lol. i just got my first today in 6 months
    ugh!

well, i got mine back and son was only 5 weeks 5 days old, and he feeds every 3 hours in day and 4 hours in night was a bit dissapointing, especially as i was at the 6 week mark to get checked and cleared by dr, so hubby all dissapointed also......no fun this weekend!!

teach him to change more poopy nappies if u ask me!
    Samantha ---- Mom to Lucas, born 19th Jan 2008..and Georgia, born 8th June 2009
    Lucas 8lbs 1oz born at 42 weeks..now 27lbs at 20 months....bf exclusivly till 10 months then partly till self weaning at 17 months
    Georgia 8lbs 12oz born at 39+4 now 14lbs 5oz at 14 weeks...bfing going strong despite a shaky start

My dd#1 slept 8 hr. nights from weeks 12-15 then started waking every 2 hours again. My AF did not return until she was 9 months old, which is when she started eating solids regularly.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

waaa I am hoping for a long time off...thanks guys
    karin

BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07

Anytime you have a period of time that is longer than 4hours that you go without nursing you are at risk for ovulation and therefore AF. You have to be nursing more frequently to supress ovulation.
    I got mine back at 12 weeks because DJ started sleeping in 5hour stretches both day and night. (Love this kid!) BUT it went away again at 6months when the insane night nursing due to teething. BUT YOU need to be extra careful since you and your DH have kids by looking at each other!

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom View Post
    Anytime you have a period of time that is longer than 4hours that you go without nursing you are at risk for ovulation and therefore AF. You have to be nursing more frequently to supress ovulation.
    I got mine back at 12 weeks because DJ started sleeping in 5hour stretches both day and night. (Love this kid!) BUT it went away again at 6months when the insane night nursing due to teething. BUT YOU need to be extra careful since you and your DH have kids by looking at each other!
    Well at least there is hope it will go away if it comes. And that is soo true..I told him to stay away from me for now
    karin

Quote Originally Posted by mastiffkarin View Post
    Well at least there is hope it will go away if it comes. And that is soo true..I told him to stay away from me for now
    This is totally true. After having it come back...it was WAY worse for me hormonally than it was before I had DJ. I was homicidal. I remember making a conscious choice. If I have to choose between being pre-menstral, or sleep deprived, I choose sleep deprived. And I allowed DJ to eat as often as he wanted and my period literally play Pop N Go until I went back to work at 14months. gone months6-9 back again for month 10 &11 and then gone again for months 12&13 for the dreaded molars! You can nurse that period right away if you want to Karin!
    Last edited by DJ's Mom; March 1st, 2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: I am tired

Way too lazy for formula