Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How many minutes does your LO BF?

Default How many minutes does your LO BF?

My LO has been only nursing for 1-3 minutes at each feeding...its kinda making me nervous. Am I running out of milk? I squeeze my nipple afterwards and the milk is creamy...and I offer him more...but he seems satisfied with the few minutes of nursing.

He is only in the 10-15 for weight...and compared to most babies I have seen, he is a little bit smaller. And most babies nurse for at least 5 minutes....

Am I being paranoid?

Proud mother of our beautiful little angel in heaven (19 weeks on 1/19/2007)

Proud mother of Jadon Eli born 6/26/07 (a TTTS survivor) My joy and miracle baby

[

Default Re: How many minutes does your LO BF?

If you have a strong milk ejection reflex it may explain the speed in which your baby fills up.
    Do you feel like that might be the case?
    Is there any other reason you feel like there might be an issue? He is gaining regularly? Lots of wet diapers?

Default Re: How many minutes does your LO BF?

Quote Originally Posted by carpentergirl View Post
    If you have a strong milk ejection reflex it may explain the speed in which your baby fills up.
    Do you feel like that might be the case?
    Is there any other reason you feel like there might be an issue? He is gaining regularly? Lots of wet diapers?
    He has around 5-6 wet diapers a day...he is gaining weight each month. He has never lost weight. He just doesnt gain at record speed. I guess I can talk to my pedi at his 9 mo appointment.

When I do have a let down, I feel a lot of pressure in my nipple..does that mean I have a strong milk ejection reflex?

Proud mother of our beautiful little angel in heaven (19 weeks on 1/19/2007)

Proud mother of Jadon Eli born 6/26/07 (a TTTS survivor) My joy and miracle baby

[