Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Uneven breasts! Help!

Post Uneven breasts! Help!

My right breast has always produced more than the left the whole time I've been breastfeeding. Now that I am nursing less and starting to wean my daughter (now 9 months), the left seems like it has almost stopped producing altogether while the right is still going strong. I am wondering if there is any way to "even" out my breasts? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Uneven breasts! Help!

Hi mama,
    welcome to the forum.
    I understand that having an uneven chest can feel strange. It is however entirely normal to have one side be more abundant. You will need to remove more milk from the slower side in order to even-up. Many mothers don't bother with it though. Do you feel strongly enough about it to commit to bf more on that side or pumping?

I have the same problem and now that I'm weaning, I have to be really aware of which side dd fed from last when cutting feedings. my R is my stronger... so I'll cut a feeding from that side and feed solids instead. I'm working on cutting more feedings without going major lopsided. It's difficult and I'm not sure if I"m doing it right. I nurse from my weak side first thing and last before bed. I guess if I cut my strong side feedings during the day and keep the morning and bedtime feedings, I'll hopefully end up even. Good luck and I hope I make a tiny bit of sense.

I had the same problem after weaning my second son. My left side was larger and continued to make milk for a long time after weaning. It took about a year, but they eventually evened out.