Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting solids BEFORE 4 months?

Default Re: Starting solids BEFORE 4 months?

my 7 month old son demonstrates many of the "ready for solids" signs, including very strong interest in our food and drink. When we give him solid foods, however, he shows no interest in actually eating it. So I just want to say that just because your baby shows interest in your food does not mean he wants to eat it! We have been doing baby led solids with Anthony for a month now and he has yet to actually eat anything despite being offered many different choices. I'm glad we waited, and I figure its no big hurry.

J

I started my older 2 early, and they had problems, like constipation, etc... They are still having problems, and don't eat the ay they should!! I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I can already see a difference inthe way the baby eats now, having not had slids until almsot 11 months.

I would wait!

Thank you all for your responses. After a few days of thinking about it, I did decide to hold off. The pedi said we can DISCUSS starting solids at 4 months, and so I will wait to see what she says. I'm lucky to have a pedi that seems relatively pro-BM.

I did look at the kellymom site that one PP posted. I love the idea of a breastmilk slushie that the baby can eat with a spoon, I'm going to have to try that just for fun!

Thank you again, you are all a great help
    Mom to Ricky, born 11/28/07, 8lbs 8.5oz
    13lbs by 2/12/08!

in the morning, @ work and again @ night!

to