Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Kinda OT: Anyone give their LO Flaxseed Oil?

Default Kinda OT: Anyone give their LO Flaxseed Oil?

My son (8m) is having some constipation issues. He is still mostly EBFed, but he does eat some solids. We've eliminated the ones that typically cause constipation (rice cereal, bananas). We've tried lots of ideas to help him poo, (TMI) but he gets these hard balls that seem to stop him up. We've tried apple juice, prunes, pears, warm baths and tummy massages, thermometer in the bum to stimulate...nothing works. I've been reading that 1 tsp of flax seed oil a day can help with constipation and it's a nutritious source of omege 3 fatty acids.

Do any of you give your lo flax seed oil. If for constipation, does it work?

TIA!

Default Re: Kinda OT: Anyone give their LO Flaxseed Oil?

I haven't given my lo any but I want to. He has excema & I'm thinking of giving it to him for his skin. It's supposed to be good for lots of things. Have you tried a baby suppository? My dr. told me to cut them in half before using it. It worked for him. We had to do that after the ther. didn't work.
    Jennifer, 1st time mom to Noah. Born August 27,07 by c-section after 12 hours of labor.

Check out my website
    www.myspagirlparties.com/jennifermorris

Default Re: Kinda OT: Anyone give their LO Flaxseed Oil?

yes we wound up having to give him a glycerin suppository but it was awful and I felt so bad for him. I mean it worked, but he was so uncomfortable while "going" and his little face was all scrunched up and beat red and he was fussing/crying. I DON'T want to ever do that again unless there is no option. That's why I am going to try flax oil.

Interesting about the excema..my lo has that too....