Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 9 months old and in 5th percentile for weight

Default Re: 9 months old and in 5th percentile for weight

My little man hovers in the 5th percentile on the charts... what my pedi said was not to worry, since his growth pattern follows a nice curve.

A few things to consider are the fact that your daughter was recently a bit ill, which attributes to that little dip in wt. I'm sure she's hitting some milestones right now that would contribute as well (teething, etc.)

Try not to stress just yet, as that can affect your supply. Give it a bit more time and a careful eye before being overly concerned.

Wish you well!

Default Re: 9 months old and in 5th percentile for weight

my son is 8.5 months old and weighs 15 lbs. lots of family members (only on his dads side) say he is "too skinny" and "malnourished" but its very obvious that he is not. he is very happy and very very healthy. he is also only BF (has NEVER had formula) and eats solids 2-3 times a day. we let him choose when he wants to eat and how much he wants to eat.

if your baby is healthy and happy then i wouldnt worry about what her dr. says. lots of my friends babies dr.'s told them to put cairo syrup in their bottles to help them have a bowel movement, but it only clogged them up more and made them fat. dr.'s dont always know whats best.

my advice would be to keep breastfeeding!!