Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Am I crazy?

Default Am I crazy?

I just spent $27 (a total of 64 jars) on stage 2 Orgainc baby food from Earth's Best? I know dd2 is only 6months old and eats half a jar to one jar a day. I never bought organic with dd1 and ds I made his food and this time well I am buying orgainc trying to do my best for her....KWIM or am i just crazy?
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

Default Re: Am I crazy?

I don't think you are crazy at all. I buy Earth's Best Organic Baby food for my DD too. I buy it at Target because they have the best deal on it that I have seen so far. It might be cheaper to buy our own organic produce and puree it but for some of the jars I think it is cheaper to go with their premade ones. I am trying to give her only organic for at least the first year because the pesticides become more concentrated in them while they are so little. Also....it is cheaper to buy frozen organic veges and fruits than fresh ones and I have read that the frozen produce is actually fresher than the produce on the shelves because they are picked, washed, and then immidiately bagged. Just an idea for you. I have been steaming the organic frozen veges and then pureeing them for my DD before her meal.

I agree with the pp. Look into buying some organic fruit and vegetables and puree it yourself. I'm sure you'll be surprised at how much you can make for just 15$-20$. Stock up on some good ice cube trays too if you're going to do it. I like ones with lids. Each cube is supposed to be about an ounce.
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

I joined an organic CSA this summer, so our whole family can have organic, local produce. I can't wait to give DD organic fruits and veggies! Depending on where you live, you might look into this to see if there is a farm near you. Otherwise, you can probably pick up veggies at a local farmer's market. Even if you just buy from the grocery store, I'm sure making your own will be less expensive and better for the environment .
    Jen, momma to Charlotte Rae born 9/25/07

Still breastfeeding !

and !

I too belong to an organic CSA. I believe pesticides, hormones and other chemicals added to our foods are the root of SO many health issues.... I can go on and on about hormones in milk and the link for our children going through puberty at younger and younger ages... Anyway, there is a lot of information out there on which foods are most important to buy organic (for example: meat, dairy, apples, strawberries, grapes, coffee, and nuts are at the top of the list). Anyway, another benefit to buying organic and pureeing your own is you can add BM to achieve the desired texture...

how do you find out about organic csa?
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

Quote Originally Posted by mastiffkarin View Post
    how do you find out about organic csa?
    visit: www.localharvest.org
    they have good information on there.
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.