Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Working, Breastfeeding and Lack of Sleep!

Default Working, Breastfeeding and Lack of Sleep!

I went back to work at 8 weeks. From 8 weeks to 5 months ds slept through the night. Last nursing was at 11pm and ds didn't wake again till 5-6 am. At month 5 he started waking 6-8 times a night to nurse. By the time he is back to sleeping a long stretch it is 7am and I am getting ready for work while he is snoring. I am so exhausted I can barely function all day at work and then come home to an infant and 3 teenagers. What can i do?? Advice please!

Dee

Default Re: Working, Breastfeeding and Lack of Sleep!

my almost 4 month old does that sometimes- i think he just misses mommy i just put him in bed with me and let him stay latched on for as long as he wants..i find it is a good way for us to reconnect after being apart

Yup, I agree w/the pp. I almost had my DD sleeping in her crib, went back to work around 4 months & by 5 months she was up half the night. I finally gave up, tucked her into bed next to me from the start, and she could nurse & get her Mommy time while I got my sleep!

It's what worked best for us, even though I swore I'd never co-sleep, but I'm a high school special ed teacher & I needed my rest!!! It's amazing what you can sleep through. Even now DD is 2 yrs old & I put her in her own bed but she joins us at some point in the night, and I almost never wake up for it!

Quote Originally Posted by JilliesMom
    I swore I'd never co-sleep!

didn't we all??