Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: HELP!!! Baby not drinking enough milk!

Default HELP!!! Baby not drinking enough milk!

My 7 week old seems to be having some feeding issues. Right after my let-down, she does a little bit of serious feeding, but soon afterwards, I don't think she feeds anymore - just a lot of recreational sucking with no swallowing.

I have an over-active let-down, so I thought maybe she was full after that initial burst of feeding, but now I am noting that she is still hungry after her feed and keeps coming back every hour or so.

What can I do to keep her feeding after the initial burst? I am trying breast compressions, but not sure how well that is working - I have to keep repeating them. How frequently should I repeat them?

Thanks so much!!!

Default Re: HELP!!! Baby not drinking enough milk!

she is probably in the middle of a growth spurt-keep up the frequent nursing

My DD is 4 months old and still nurses every hour or so. Some babies just can't make it 2-3 hours. This doesn't mean they're aren't getting enough though, all babies are different. How are the diapers? That's the true measure for how much they taking in. Without enough intake there'll be no output. LOL

Here is an article on Breast Compressions http://www.kellymom.com/newman/15bre...mpression.html