Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Offering banana to 4 month old to tide her over....

Default Offering banana to 4 month old to tide her over....

My 4 month old is eating more during the day while I work than I'm afraid I can pump. Right now I can pump enough but some days I have to dig into my "stash". Anyway, I read on this website that the book "the womanly art of breastfeeding" said you can offer a small amount of mashed banana to the baby to tide her over until mommy can come home and nurse.

Has anyone done this? I don't want to start solids until 6 months and I do plan on pumping some more at work, or doing power pumps on the weekends to keep my supply up, but I like knowing I have the banana option just in case.

I gave her some banana tonite in a safe feeder and she was in love with it, but wanted to bounce the idea off some of you...

Thanks!

Default Re: Offering banana to 4 month old to tide her over....

Personally, I waited until 6 months to intro foods. I'm also a WOHM and I have had to work at pumping so that L can eat while I'm gone. If you really want to wait until 6 months, why not try some things to increase your milk output rather than give solids? You can check out the pumping section of this forum - it has lots of advice!
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky