Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: a moms' favourite topic... poop!

Default a moms' favourite topic... poop!

hi everybody, sorry if this post has TMI but I don't know whome else to ask...!

my LO (10 mo) has started eating solids with more regularity and his poo has changed... at first, we had constipation problems (7 days w/o and then a big explosion of poo with pellets in it); then, we have learned to keep it at bay (although chicken is always a little blocking) with moist food and additional coconut oil (thanks Healthymama!).

the question is: he is pooping now, almost everyday (he was a regular everyday-first-thing-in-the-morning guy before solids), but it's not fluid anymore... no pellets at all, but it's thick, like... I don't know, a bit like Play Doh...

I am wondering if this is normal with the regular intake of solids or if it's still a sign of constipation...

again, sorry for the detailed description but I didn't know how to ask otherwise!
    any ideas, experience?

TIA!
    yes, my son comfort nurses, and I comfort forum!
    teeth counter now scoring: 11!
    WAHM (though hubby behaves like I'm a SAHM) to Luca Johannes, born 23/04/2007
    as well as his great-grandmother (23/04/1916) and his aunt (23/04/1972)
    - both delighted by the generational continuity...

Default Re: a moms' favourite topic... poop!

thick poop, like peanut butter/play doh (i like that one!) is normal with the introduction of solids. as long as it is not pellet like, things are moving smoothly, so to speak!
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)