Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok to give small amount of water?

Default Re: Ok to give small amount of water?

I've read that some people put ice in a sippy cup and that keeps their LO occupied during meal times cause it acts as a rattle
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Quote Originally Posted by danlynclark View Post
    I've read that some people put ice in a sippy cup and that keeps their LO occupied during meal times cause it acts as a rattle
    We did that too. Or 2 sippy cups to bang together. Or a cup and a spoon for a drum. Or just ice cubes on the high chair tray to play with. We had to pull out all the tricks to get Z to stop screaming while we were eating!
    Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

We did the ice in the sippy cup thing too. DS didn't really start drinking out of it until he was 8-9 months but he also didn't see a sippy until he was 7 months (I think ) We tried the Nuby flip up straw cup with handles first and DS took to it right away. I remember reading somewhere that straw type sippies are easier for BFed babies since the sucking is similar, I have no idea where I read it so I can't link it for you, sorry. I've heard a bottle full of beans makes a good dinner time toy too.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

We just give DS an empty sippy cup to play with at mealtimes. Sometimes a spoon too. He has had a few sips of water from a sport-top water bottle and loved it, but he's cool with just the empty cup at the table.

I'll have to try the ice cubes - I bed he'd LOVE that!