Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: DD with stuffy nose...

Question DD with stuffy nose...

Hi! I am new here, glad to finally have joined. I have EBF my daughter for almost 5 1/2 months now...YAY! Right now she seems to have a pretty stuffy nose. My husband and I both just got over bad colds and I am afraid she picked up a bit of it ! I thought about putting vicks vapor rub on MY chest while breastfeeding her to see if it helps with her congestion. (I read this in an article quite a while back.) Any opinions on this? Is it worth giving it a try?
    since day 1 (Sept '07) !!! so Daddy can feed Mia while I'm at work! because we both love it!

I my Husband and Daughter!!!!

Default Re: DD with stuffy nose...

Also you may try taking DD in a steamy bathroom for up to 15min three times a day! Im a nurse and before baby I was in peds this is what my doc's would tell you to do!
    THis did seem to help with my DS!

You can also squirt Breastmilk up her nose! That will actually clear it right up long enough for her to eat! It's a "quick fix" that won't last for long. But it definitely clears it up long enough for babies to eat! HTH!

Way too lazy for formula

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

I've read that some babies can suffer respiratory distress from Vicks, so I won't use it personally with ds. When we had our colds, we did saline nasal drops before nursing sessions on ds and they helpedbreak up the mucus so he nursed and breathed more easily.

That stinks! I hope you all feel well soon.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Thanks! I decided against the vicks anyways! It says on the package to check with Dr. if you are breastfeeding. I am definately going to try your ideas though! Thanks for all the help!
    since day 1 (Sept '07) !!! so Daddy can feed Mia while I'm at work! because we both love it!

I my Husband and Daughter!!!!