Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Food issues!

Unhappy Food issues!

I am ew to this forum as of today and see that some of you have very helpful information in regards to breastfeeding. I am a first time mom to a 8 week old little princess. I am breastfeeding her and it seems that just about everything if not everything I eat gives her gas. I have tried several different ways to cut just about everything out of my diet. Her DR reccommended cutting out all dairy, eggs and certain fruits such as banana's. Have any of you had this problem. I really want to continue to bf and love the time together and closeness but no one in my family has done this before and I have no one to consult on these things. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am kind of at my wits end.

Default Re: Food issues!

Have you tried the over the counter medicine, Mylicon for your little one? Our pediatrician said it was totally safe and that really helped my little guy. It says you can use it at every feeding but we really only had to use it a few times a day.

Some babies just get a lot of gas and then grow out of it. I have a feeling it will get better soon if you can hang in there! I found that positions that put pressure on LOs tummy help to relieve gas. For us, it was nursing lying down (tummy to tummy, with me on my back), carrying her in a sling, swaddling her, doing bicycle moves, tummy time, etc. You're doing great!

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

Quote Originally Posted by healthymama View Post
    Some babies just get a lot of gas and then grow out of it. I have a feeling it will get better soon if you can hang in there! I found that positions that put pressure on LOs tummy help to relieve gas. For us, it was nursing lying down (tummy to tummy, with me on my back), carrying her in a sling, swaddling her, doing bicycle moves, tummy time, etc. You're doing great!
    I was going to say the same.
    Here's another link that talks about gassy babies
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Smile Re: Food issues!

Thanks so much for the info. Mylicon for some reason or another does not seem to help her that much. I have noticed she is a little better when I cut out all dairy, DR seems to think lactose.

Once again thank you, I am going to conquer this and reach my goals, I hope.

Oh honey, I have been going through this same thing, and my lil one is almost 7 months old now. For somewhere between 2-4 months of time I ate nothing but plain boiled potatoes and plain white rice and organic fruit. It didn't help, and it made me tired and I never had any protein. Do yourself a favor and GET your baby tested for two things: reflux, and allergies. YES, the allergy scratch test is accurate for babies, no matter what they say! I had my baby allergy tested and was shocked when everything came back negative, but at least I could stop blaming myself, and start getting more protein. I still don't eat much meat, but I added a little wild salmon and organic milk, both very good for babies to get through your breastmilk. Above all, DO NOT TORTURE YOURSELF. I hope my baby is coming out of this soon, and with luck, yours will too. My older baby went through this for over a full year, but eventually it went away. Just make sure your little one doesn't get constipated: otherwise, she should be fine. Just try to burp her if possible (my little one won't burp unless sitting up; can't do it at night without waking her!) and hang in there.