Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealing with constant constipation HELP!!!

Default Re: Dealing with constant constipation HELP!!!

When we first introduced BLS, my son had issues with constipation too. It took a while to find a balance of foods and water which worked, and which foods helped to move things along for him. Like pears, melons, watermelons, and just adequate amounts of water.
    Caylen Koen Chew (25/05/06)
    Lost No.2 in Aug 2008 ... Lost No. 3 in May 2009 Hoping for another ... Enjoying No.1

Quote Originally Posted by mamato2 View Post
    call me dumb but what are probiotics?? and where do i get them/it ect
    Its the live and active cultures that are in yogurt.. The good bacteria that everyone needs in their guts. They sell them for infants.. its usually a powder that you keep in the fridge and can mix with food.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...ics+for+babies
    That is an example of the ones on amazon. I got mine at a health food store.

They are also used to treat thrush..
    here is some info from kellymom about them...
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...ng-thrush.html

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom View Post
    And on the prune thing....Most P fruits Pears work nicely too and are easy to work regularly into diet. As are PLUMS(Prunes before they become prune) and I believe peaches work as well. So it's not just prunes that move things along!HTH!
    We made pears part of ds's daily diet (or almost daily). They've been a godsend. Something that ds loves is to chew on pears in the mesh teether. I've also found that butternut squash helps keep things moving for my son. My dh likes to give ds bananas b/c ds likes them so much, but they constipate him. We used to give prune juice for constipation, but they create excess gas, among other things.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!