Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How to Carry all the Gear!?!

Default How to Carry all the Gear!?!

I need to carry my PIS Medela Breast pump, a laptop, and the bottle cooler each time I go to the office. I ride the metro and ideally would like to walk the mile to the station to get my exercise in.

But I don't have a bag that fits all the gear! Right now, I need to carry 3 separate bags! Has anyone else found something that fits laptop and breastpump? Thanks for your thoughts!!!

Laura

Default Re: How to Carry all the Gear!?!

Some mothers take the motor itself out of the pump bag, and tuck the motor and the cooler into a backpack-type bag. There are also some really big laptop bags, made to hold two laptops, one on each side. If it all fits right, you could put a laptop and charger on one side, and the pump motor and cooler on the other.

If your motor doesn't come out of the PIS bag, isn't there a spot for the cooler in it? Can you stuff your cooler bag in there?

Do you use your pump at home? Or can you make do with a manual pump at home, leaving your PIS at work? One less thing to carry that way.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

That was my suggestion, can you leave the majority of the pump at work and just cart the cooler/accessories back and forth?
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

it might not work with your work attire but a good sized backpack might do the trick? or maybe some sort of smaller duffle bag that it would all fit in?

I leave my pump at work, including the accessories. I just wash them in the sink or take them home if they look like they need it. I just bring the bottles back and forth in my purse.

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

Hi,

Like previous posters I mostly left the PIS at work. A couple of times I had to bring the pump, a cooler, and my laptop to a day-long conference or meeting. Then I slipped the laptop into a Timbuk2 sleeve and everything but the pump into a big tote bag (also by Timbuk2 because I like them). That was one heavy bag but then I only had 2 bags.

And while we are leaving things at your office can you leave the laptop too? I am hoping you have an office that is the same every day.