Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How does time change affect milk supply ?

Default How does time change affect milk supply ?

Since i'm travelling from US to home country where the time difference is exactly 12 hours i'm wondering whether my milk suppy will automatically adjust to the timings.Since I make more milk during early morning it will be same/ its like I will make more milk during afternoon (because of time change)...

Just curious to know

Default Re: How does time change affect milk supply ?

neat question. I don't know. YOu'll have to let us know what you find out.
    I would think that it would take a couple of days to change to the new time.

Both you and your child will be jet-lagged anyways, and that would itself take care of the supply (my ds used to keep sleeping all day for one week, progressively sleeping lesser in the day). The travel can be very tiring for both you and your child. Try to nurse your baby during take off and landing to ease pain in the ears. All the Best!

Your milk supply will "automatically adjust" in that milk is made according to "supply and demand."

I just came back from a two-week vacation in France, and I never noticed anything odd (either engorgement or lack of milk at the right time). Also, DS tends to nurse and sleep a ton on the plane. This worked especially well on the way there (nursed during takeoff and slept a good 4-hour stretch). If my experience is any indication, the worst part will be the jetlag on your return. Don't overschedule so you can get some good naps in (for yourself!)

Have a good trip!