Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Make up my mind....

Default Make up my mind....

Is it common for older nurslings to drop a nursing and then pick it back up a day or two later? My 17 month old did this last week with her first thing in the morning nursing. She skipped it for 2 days and then went back to expecting it every morning like she had never missed one. She skipped her evening feeding tonight, but my guess is this was just a one time thing.

Default Re: Make up my mind....

My 2 yr old DS does this to this day. Completely normal.
    Leslie- Momma to Aiden 02/28/06 AND Owen 2/28/08...What timing

Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if you are only willing to listen.--Jimmy Buffet

Yes it happens all the time with us.

I also think it`s completely normal. But my little guy never misses a beat...

Mommy to a busy toddler

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain that which he cannot lose."
    Jim Elliot

My DS (he's almost 20 months) nursed very little all weekend long. A couple of minutes here or there, but not very much at all. Starting first thing this morning, he's been nursing like it was a year ago.
    Melissa
    Mom to Jessica (2/7/03) breastfed for 8 months
    Sam (7/6/06) breastfed for three years, five months, two weeks and three days (not that I was counting or anything :-)
    Julianna (4/29/10) struggled thru nursing strike, nipple confusion, thrush, multiple cracks and fissures, a staph infection and then another bout of thrush, but happily nursing away
    www.cohenfamily-melissa.blogspot.com

Yup.
    Nursing picks up for us again when my daughter is ill or catching something as well...

She's 3.

My LO dropped his evening feed a few months ago of his own accord, but started it again when he caught a cold. And now I can't imagine him going to bed without 'kikis' (milkies), he starts asking for it as soon as he gets out of the bath and I have to remind him: bath, diaper, pajamas, then kikis!
    Emma

J from Aug '06 to Nov '08 and S from April 2009