Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Organic milk for $20!

Default Re: Organic milk for $20!

Wow!! And I thought spending just under $8 a gallon was bad!!

I wouldn't buy it. I agree with PPs; I'd just make sure he got calcium etc. from other sources.

No Way would I spend that much on something that LO can do without. There are plenty of outher sourses and one other way of looking at it, he may refuse it all togehter, so then how would you feel about speonding the $20 on something that he won't even drink. If you really want him to try it, look into local famers who may sell it a lot cheaper and it could be a lot safer too!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

He's still BFing 8-12 times/day. He loves yogurt and some cheese. He gets some veggies. He's still not eating a whole lot.

I honestly know nothing about the farms here. I'll have to look into it more. I'm assuming it's full of hormones - we don't have milk here that is marketed as hormone-free. We do have camel's milk which I instinctively put up my nose at because....it's from camels! But I do know it's much healthier than cow's milk - it's similar to goat's milk, I think.

I'll look into almonds as well. The organic store might have something.

Luckily, this country is getting into organic foods more and more every year. Just last week, I was able to purchase organic peppers, green beans and garlic at the large supermarket! (This has never happened before.)

I have to go back to the store and look more carefully at the brand to do a little research on it. Part of the high price is due to its being imported.

Thanks gals!
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

Andrea - if he's nursing that often you have no need to worry about the 'need' of fats. So you can get the other "goodies" from milk from other places. Do you have this link (calcium alternative sources)

See this nice link too - breastmilk composition
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

No way. If it were me, I'd look into organic dry milk powder (if you feel after everything you need to have milk in your child's diet). I've actually used the brand in the link below, and it tastes good. Their website has links to online retailers that should be able to deliver to you (Amazon.com is one). Just be sure you are able to mix it with good water. Good Luck.
    ...wow, I can't believe we've been
    for 10 months!

Sorry, I forgot the link in the pp!
    http://www.organicvalley.coop/faq/mi...y-milk-powder/
    ...wow, I can't believe we've been
    for 10 months!

20 dollars. Does it come with a cabana boy to pour the milk into a flute for you?

Quote Originally Posted by carpentergirl View Post
    20 dollars. Does it come with a cabana boy to pour the milk into a flute for you?
    I wish. Maybe I'm buying a share of the cow!
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaUAE View Post
    I wish. Maybe I'm buying a share of the cow!
    Some people do that actually (buy cow shares). It's a good way to get high-quality milk you can trust, at a reasonable price.

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.