Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plugged Duct?!

Default Re: Plugged Duct?!

I would be a bit more concerned with the swelling of the lymph nodes. You do have those in your breasts. It means that your lymphy system is backed up a bit and you are immuno compromised. If you haven't already...put the anitbiotics aside for the time being and go see a chiropractor or a relfexologist and see what they say.

I had a backed up immune system (many years ago) and I was put on so many antibiotics, tec that I probably could have opened my own pharmacy (although my doctors had no clue what it was...and just kept prescribing more and more drugs). Nothing helped it...it finally went away after 6 months (and many, many side effects later).

Fast forward to a year ago, when my lymph system backed up again (swollen lymph glands) I went to a reflexologist and a chiropractor and learned what it was, what causes it, and how to treat it drug free. So, the first scenario I was out of commission for 6 months!!! The second time, it took a few weeks of regular massages (which I still do on a daily basis) and it was all gone.

I would strongly urge you to go see a chiropractor and/or a reflexologist.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

SO....amoxicillin didn't work, as I expected. Today I went and got an ultrasound on my breast, and we'll see what the doctor says--hopefully soon, I hate having to wait. The technician said it didn't look like a tumor, but there are definitely a few large cysts (or ducts). Scary. Anyone else gone through this? They seem even bigger to me, because I'm like a size AA bra, so it seems like my whole right breast is a big lump

Okay, here's the latest: the "wet reading" is that I have four cysts, some of which are debris-filled. I've been prescribed Dicloxacillin, and if it fails to work they'll do a needle aspiration. Could this be nursing-related? I'm feeling kind of nervous...