Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Domperidone dose?

Default Re: Domperidone dose?

Brayden Mommy :

I have not seen the pink/red crystals. We did see those in the hospital and a couple days after she came home, nothing since. Why I say I am not sure she is peeing enough is, I nurse her all night long and her diaper is not soaked. During the day, her diapers are wet, but not "soaked" I poured 3 tablespoons into a diaper to check what they should be.. she might be getting just that, maybe a tad less.

Why I only nursed her those 2 times was just a test I guess. A friend who nursed twins did that to build her supply up to beable to nurse 2. I take everyones advice I guess = )

The only thing I am not sure of is she will nurse, no problem, she doesnt cry at the breast at all. I heard if moms are making enough and baby is hungry they will pull off and scream. How true is that?

Thats good you havent seen pink crystals since the first days! My nurse told me it would meam dehydration/not getting enough fluids; so not seeing them is perfect.

I agree, you need to try everything, advice from anywhere is helpful, but not everything will work, its all individual. As the previous posts noted, its all supply & demand, so I dont agree with BF twice to build up a supply. That might seem to work for a day ot two but it would just be buildup, and it would have the reverse effect of not producing more because you are sending signals that you only need milk for 2 nursings. So be cautious there...

Not all baby's pull off and scream, they are all different! You are worrying too much Have faith in yourself! I agree with 'relactatingmomforthelord', some good advice there. You need to get yourself on a schedule, make this a priority. Get a pen & paper, write down all her feedings, and diaper changes for a few days. Try to be diligent, this is your #1 job right now. Let the house get messy, who cares! I think I wore the same clothes for 3 weeks!

Every baby is different, you need to work together to get on track, you and baby Stick with it, every day is a new day, one step at a time.

3 weeks? ack! Did you have to peel them off??? I just managed to take a shower after 4 days.. haha

Are you still worried about your supply?
    Whats her output like? How many wet and poopies are we seeing in a day?
    How often and how long is she nursing in a 24 hours period?
    How old is she again?

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Are you still worried about your supply? Yes

Whats her output like? How many wet and poopies are we seeing in a day? 1-3 poops, 6 or so wets, but they aren't soaked. Unless she gets a bottle.

How often and how long is she nursing in a 24 hours period? She nurses about 12 times a day and pretty much all night. If she is only nursed I may get a 30 min break a few times a day. Otherwise she is attached.

How old is she again? She will be 7 weeks tomorrow.

Are you still worried about your supply? Yes

Whats her output like? How many wet and poopies are we seeing in a day? 1-3 poops, 6 or so wets, but they aren't soaked. Unless she gets a bottle.

is that 6 disposables? If so - they don't need to be soaked to count SO that sounds fine

How often and how long is she nursing in a 24 hours period? She nurses about 12 times a day and pretty much all night. If she is only nursed I may get a 30 min break a few times a day. Otherwise she is attached.

Sounds typical for this age

How old is she again? She will be 7 weeks tomorrow.

Thanks

Mama - it sounds like all is well. Her wanting to nurse often isn't an indication of a low supply

How's her weight gain been??

This comes from this link - I know I gave it before but I'll give it again - just to reassure you

To feel what a sufficiently wet diaper is like, pour 4-6 tablespoons (60-90 mL) of water into a clean diaper
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

She was 8lbs 11oz as of last Friday. She was 7lbs 12oz when born. At 3 days old she 7lbs at discharge. As of the 1st of February she was 7lbs 5oz and on the 19th of Feb she was 8lbs 5oz.

Pretty typical weight pattern

Looks good mama

The doc isn't concerned is s/he?

Eleanor Roosevelt

Emerson

He stressed his concerns in the beginning, but when she gained a lb in the 19 days with only having 0-3 oz of formula per day .. she would only get it if I had to run out and got hungry. He says her weight gain is "ok" not great, but ok.

I have been tempted to stop the formula and just let her do her thing, but I am scared of straving her or her becoming dehydrated. It might be time for another before and after feeding weigh in..

If I decided to cut out the formula to see how it goes.. how long does it take the formula to get out of her system? She had maybe 5oz of formula yesterday and 1 1/2oz of it today. I just want to be able to keep track of her pees and poops from nursing rather than the formula.
    Last edited by Irsheyez76; March 5th, 2008 at 12:26 PM.

Honestly I'd call a leader or the pedi on that one ..

But it doesn't seem like you're supplementing much but I'll give you this resource anyhow - talks about weaning from supplements

Keep us updated

Eleanor Roosevelt

Emerson