Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Domperidone dose?

Default Domperidone dose?

I just got these in the mail. Anyone know how many I am suppose to take?

Default Re: Domperidone dose?

Hi mama,
    Because serious complications can arise with many medications, the women on this website should try and refrain from handing out dosing information. Here is a link to Dr. Jack Newman's website, if you scroll down there is information for domperidone on the bottom left. http://www.thebirthden.com/Newman.html#Video%20Clips

what else have you tried as far as milk production.

I've tried it all. Honestly, I don't even know if the stuffed worked or not. I tried fenugreek, blessed thistle, mothers milk tea, brewers yeast, and reglan. Now I am trying this. My daughter is 5 weeks old and I was told my supply was low by the LC based on her weights done before and after a feeeding. She only seemed to get 1- 1/2 oz from me. On a good note she did gain 1lb in 19 days, which the pedi said was good. I supplement with formula sometimes when I am not home. She gets anywhere from 0-3oz per day. Pedi said that didnt cause her weight gain. I am just paranoid I am starving her and want to get my milk to where I KNOW she is ok and getting enough.

Ive debated about pumping for a couple days and nursing her at night to see if I notice an increase. Im lost = )

I wonder, since her weight gain hjas been good, how they figure that's low supply. If you truely had low supply, she wouldn't be getting enough, not gaining, and not producing enough out put... have you seen this page to check her output?? It is for babies younger than 5 weeks.

How about this one - talks more about low supply, and if you really have "it"

How many times did the LC check her feedings??? If she gave you that idea based on one or two times, it may not have been a good "diagnosis".

(this page is for babies older than 5 weeks)
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

1 pound in 19 days is good. An ounce at a feeding is fine.
    On misuse of scales: http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/LV/L...gSep06p51.html
    On the perfectly normal slow gainer: http://www.llli.org/NB/NBJanFeb98p8.html

Honestly mama, I think counting wet diapers will tell you if you are making enough milk. Your goal is 5-6 wet disposables and 2-3 poops. Are you seeing this?

3 ounces of formula would contribute minutely to overall weight gain- 1 pound is huge! You have milk.

They did the weigh thing twice. Her latch was an issue at first, its better now and correct as far as I know. Her diaper output was a question, I couldnt figure out what was considered wet. Also, they told me to watch out for strong smelling urine, well I can smell when she has peed, not sure if its strong smelling or normal, but even with my formula fed babies, I could smell it.

The biggest issue is, she never seems satisfied. She will fall asleep at the breast and stay asleep in my arms. If I put her down she cries and starts rooting again. I am not sure if she is truely hungry or just wanting to comfort suck. We do co-sleep and she will sleep tummy to tummy with me for 4 hours at a time.

Will hungry babies sleep that long just because they are close to mom? Or will they wake up crying to eat? I feel like a first time mom, and this is #5, just the only one breastfed past 2 weeks.

Average weight gain in Breast fed babies is way different than strickly formula fed babies: http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns...ight-gain.html As you see you are well within normal. Wondering what "wet" means? To feel what a sufficiently wet diaper is like, pour 3 tablespoons (45 mL) of water into a clean diaper (if baby wets more often, then the amount of urine per diaper may be less). Urine should be pale and mild smelling.

Does that help?

A baby goes through many periods of rapid growth, you will see an increased desire to nurse during this period. I recall a time where my son was eating every 40 minutes. Typical ages of growth spurts: 3, 6, 9 ,12 16 weeks ect. Can be sooner or later.

I can understand why your baby wants you near and cries. You are her favorite person and she was inside you for a long long time. Have you thought about any baby wearing? For a demanding child it can really help. They are close to you ( which is the whole objective ) and you are hands free. I bought a Moby wrap which was a total life saver. It take a sec to get the whole wrap thing down, but it may really allow you some mobility. With 4 other children around I assume you are a busy mama.

4 hours of sleep is wonderful. Good idea for co-sleeping. Helped us too.

A hungry baby will wake you up, but definitely having you near by will allow her to fee safe enough for a longer stretch of sleep. Mom's who nurse between 8 and 12 times per 24 hours tend to have good gainers. How often do you feel like she is hungry- oh wait, you said all the time... Again normal. She is building up your supply by sending constant signals to produce milk. this is what the whole cluster feeding this is about. Have you tried and breast compressions?

Enough info for now, lets hear what you think!

I do try breast compressions when she stops sucking for a little while. It gets her sucking again, and I repeat till she doesn't respond to it any longer.

I do have an ultimate baby wrap someone gave me, I swear Im to fat for that thing! LOL I just need to figure out how to get it tighter so it supports her, rather than me still having to hold her while she is in it.

I had some trouble when I was 220 pounds. But a wrap is a wrap and ought to work.
    Have you done any thinking on diaper counting? Really since the breast isn't see-through it's hard to know what is going into your baby. Watching what comes out is far easier.

Having a baby that seems unsatisfied can make you feel like you aren't making enough milk. It is normal for some babies to want to nurse all the time for additional calories and comfort. Don't let the false idea that comfort nursing is unimportant to development make you feel like you are doing something wrong. Bf meets the psychological needs to connect with mama and is important to the well being and normal development of your infant.

I am about 205 now I think.. (Dont want to see a scale!) haha I am also 5'7. Just seems like there is not enough fabric to be a solid hold on the baby. I am home all day tomorrow and the weekend, I guess I will just try to pay attention to everything. I would love to not worry about her being hungry and become confident that my supply is good enough to keep her satisfied and growing.

I pumped earlier today 2 hours after she ate just to see.. I only got 1 1/2 oz between both sides. (That is where I get nervous) It doesn't seem like that is enough for her at 5 weeks old.