Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Probiotics???

Default Probiotics???

Anyone have an opinion on probiotics or give them to your lo? I bought some infant ones at the health food store . My lo (almost 9 months) has lots of tummy issues... sensitive tummy, reflux, and we are going to be possibly seeing if she has allergies, recently constipation.. anyways... I have been giving them to her 3 times a week... they seem to help her poop. I know lots of mamas here know so much about food etc so I figured I would ask... opinions please.... ohhh and she can't seem to tolerate yogurt/dairy yet otherwise I would just feed that to her instead....

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Default Re: Probiotics???

My ds is 3 1/2 months, and I give him probiotics every day, and have been since he was born. I had to find some that were dairy free though because he is exclusively bf, and is sesitive to dairy, eggs, and chocolate in my milk. I think they are great, and take thm myself also!

We too have used them with our LO, especially when she had to take antibiotics for an ear infection. It helped with the diarrhea and the rash that accompanied it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2girlmom View Post
    We too have used them with our LO, especially when she had to take antibiotics for an ear infection. It helped with the diarrhea and the rash that accompanied it.

I am feeding them to my dd right now mixed into banana's. (We have Natures Way Primadophilus) She is 7 3/4 mos. She has a double earinfection..and a raging cough. She is on antibiotics. She has a terrible rash today, and I am hoping giving her the probiotics will help. I think I read somewhere on here that you can use your BM to treat the rash also...
    For the record I hate antibiotics!!
    JEN
    Happy Wife of 20 years to J~
    Mommy to DD E~ 9/22/04 BF 21 months
    Mommy to DD H~ 7/2/07 BF 27 months CD'd from 10 mos on!
    Mommy to DD A~ 7-14-10 All cloth, and Potty Trained at 2 1/2. Still Nursing!
    I grow an organic garden, homeschool, and really feel blessed to be a SAHM!

We use the Baby's Jarro-Dophilus. You have to keep it refrigerated. You can also do fermented foods as an added probiotic boost. Things like sauerkraut and kimchi.

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

I give probiotics to my son and take them myself. Big fan.

We have just started to give them to my 9 mth old since she has been waking at night with terrible gas. I think it has helped, we have been giving them every other day.
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.