Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Smashed Potatoes!

Default Smashed Potatoes!

Is it okay to make smashed potatoes with milk and olive oil butter for 7.5 month old? Should I use my bm in place of organic milk? Want to try something new tonight for dd.

Default Re: Smashed Potatoes!

has your lo had dairy yet??? If not I would do potatoes with breastmilk and regular olive oil. I would think that would be okay....

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Thanks - Just like the avocado last night the mashed potatoes didn't go over very well. I'm so upset that I started her on jar food. I think baby food is sweet and so she doesn't like the avocado or mashed potato because they are bland. Or maybe it is the texture. I guess I'll just have to keep playing around with it until we find something she likes. She LOVES the jar food, but I was really hoping to start making her own food. I also grated apple today and she didn't like that, but will eat the jarred apple.

you can just mash them plain too..
    thats still yummy
    or with garlic

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Dyno-mite View Post
    Thanks - Just like the avocado last night the mashed potatoes didn't go over very well. I'm so upset that I started her on jar food. I think baby food is sweet and so she doesn't like the avocado or mashed potato because they are bland. Or maybe it is the texture. I guess I'll just have to keep playing around with it until we find something she likes. She LOVES the jar food, but I was really hoping to start making her own food. I also grated apple today and she didn't like that, but will eat the jarred apple.
    Both the potatoes and avocados can be very thick for little mouths who aren't used to it. Put a tiny bit in your mouth and gently move it around to see what the sensation of these textures might by for your lo. For my ds, at first, avocado seemed to be what peanut butter is to us, texture-wise. I had to really thin it out with water for ds to get it down at first. He LOVES it mixed with other stuff, especially apple sauce or pureéd pears. It's a great part of his diet and it's wonderful for healthy digestion.

When it comes to applesauce, we buy the big jars of all natural applesauce in the regular part of the store. There's no sugar added, no corn syrup of any kind-just apples. It is more cost effective than baby applesauce and is much more mommy-friendly than making my own at home. I make all his other food.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

evan loves cut up sweet potatoes. and he was a jar boy before too!

Quote Originally Posted by mommamags View Post
    Both the potatoes and avocados can be very thick for little mouths who aren't used to it. Put a tiny bit in your mouth and gently move it around to see what the sensation of these textures might by for your lo. For my ds, at first, avocado seemed to be what peanut butter is to us, texture-wise. I had to really thin it out with water for ds to get it down at first. He LOVES it mixed with other stuff, especially apple sauce or pureéd pears. It's a great part of his diet and it's wonderful for healthy digestion.

When it comes to applesauce, we buy the big jars of all natural applesauce in the regular part of the store. There's no sugar added, no corn syrup of any kind-just apples. It is more cost effective than baby applesauce and is much more mommy-friendly than making my own at home. I make all his other food.
    I do the same thing!!! buy a big jar of unsweetened applesauce!

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!