Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: cutting a tooth in a strange spot

Default cutting a tooth in a strange spot

I think my DD is cutting a tooth but it's not right in the front bottom... it is on the bottom but off to the side. Is this a normal spot to get a first tooth?? Could it be something else other than a tooth? It's white and hard. I was thinking of trying out cereal with her tonight (she'll be five months this week) just to see if she'll take it. She's showing all the signs of readiness on Kellymom except for sitting up unassisted (she does hold head up and sit up well if propped).

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Default Re: cutting a tooth in a strange spot

The front 8 could probably come in when ever they want really. Some babies are even born with teeth. You are probably right, but you just never know! Bottom center are typically first.

Though it's true that the bottom middle two are usually first, my dd's teeth came in "out of order", so anything's possible. In her case, it was the second one over on the top before one of the top middle ones.

What you're describing sounds like a tooth to me.

I thought DS was getting a tooth around 4 months. He had a hard white spot on his gums but it was further to the side than I expected. It started to fade after a few days and disappeared completely after a week or so and never came back. He started cutting teeth for real at 6 months. I have no idea what the fake-out was. If it stuckn its own. around I was going to have the dr check it out, but it went away own.
    Anyway, if it is a tooth it should start feeling sharp when you rub your finger over it as it breaks through the gums.
    Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

My dd had a top side tooth come down twice and retract both times when she was seven m/o. When she was ten months old her bottom side tooth came through and stayed. She was pretty out of order for awhile. She looked like a snaggletooth for a long time.

Okay, so it sounds like it can just be normal...It does seem to be almost toward the front too rather than where you would expect the tooth to poke through Well I'll keep an eye on it...

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

My LO just cut his first tooth 3 days ago. It looks like bottom middle left side... the right one looks like its on its way.

I guess until they all come out, you'll see what they'll look like...

DD had a wierd hard sharp white spot towards the back of her mouth around three months and we thought it was a tooth. It went away. After further research I think it may have been a calcium deposit. Who knows? She did start teething last week at 7 1/2 months old.
    Jennifer

AIM- cuigrl

Proud Mommy to~
    Emma and Ally 3/15/06 (my two little angels in heaven)

Kaylin Ryan born on 6/22/07~ My joy!!!!