Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Getting my milk back!!!

Default Getting my milk back!!!

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get your milk back after taking the hormone pill to stop your milk??? Had a medical scare and had to stop breastfeeding immediately, the doctors didn't tell me I could pump my breast, and to be honest I didn't think of it, until I was in the clear.

Am now in the clear and still have the sensation of milk coming in when the baby bottle feeds (I took the pill last weekend). HAS anyone had a similar situation???? I am going to start latching today and see what happens...

Thanks,

Sam

Default Re: Getting my milk back!!!

Use of the "drying up pill" is almost unheard of these days, therefore, I have very little information on it.

I would say, though, that sensing letdown is a VERY good sign. It sounds like you're still producing some milk, and with stimulation, you should be able to bring your production back up. Are you in contact with your local LLL Leader or IBCLC?

Default Re: Getting my milk back!!!

No I am not in touch with my consultant. I sent an email requesting her details on Friday. I live in Italy, so I am waiting on her number and then I will call her. I am going to try Acupuncture, but I doubt that it will work. I have had Elyse latched since Friday morning and nothing is happening... asides from upsetting her routine. Will keep trying. Thanks, Sam