Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: She wants more! Do I give it to her?!

Default She wants more! Do I give it to her?!

Okay I could have posted this on the Munchkin mesh feeder thread I started, but I thought it would be more "visible" if I start a new one.

I just gave DD a frozen slice of apple in the feeder just a little bit ago. She ate is ALL and is screaming and beating the feeder on her tray, obviously mad because it's gone. She wants more. Should I give her another slice? I tried spoon-feeding her the apple earlier today and she wouldn't eat it. But she wants another slice of frozen apple. She is 5 months old.

Wife to the wonderful Joe Tran
    Stay-At-Home-Mom since 12/07
    First born son Noah, born 3/23/97, 8 lbs 1 oz, 20 1/4"
    New baby girl, born 9/13/07, 8 lbs 7 oz, 20"

Blissfully breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, and cloth-diapering mama.
    "As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby" (1 Peter 2:2)

Default Re: She wants more! Do I give it to her?!

I don't see why not. Sounds like she knows what she wants.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

I think we're in the throws of teething right now. She's chewing the heck out of it and just drooling all over the place. I've tried giving her those plastic-type, water-filled teethers but she will not use them...this is the first time I've seen her use a teether-type product. I was just worried to give her too much of the apple...if that's possible.

"As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby" (1 Peter 2:2)

Sometimes what I do when my DS wants more is I put frozen Breast milk in the mesh feeder and he loves it also. My DS is a low weight gain kind of guy so I prefer to give him higher calorie foods and BM has a lot more calories than apples.

I think either one, if you are already doing a good amount of solids cont. with the apple, if not do the frozen bm, that is what we used in the feeder to. But like the PP my little guy needed all the fat possible, he's always been littler.
    Allie, moma to Owen born 11/23/2006 and breast feeding ever since. .

No time for flash cards! ~fun and learning for toddlers and preschoolers.

Where is the best place to find a mesh feeder? Is it good for teething if you make BMsicles?

Quote Originally Posted by wanting3more View Post
    Where is the best place to find a mesh feeder? Is it good for teething if you make BMsicles?
    I found the Munchkin one at Walmart, but I've seen them elsewhere. I hear the Sassy one is good because you can remove the net for cleaning. With the Munchkins, you can't...but we have a dishwasher and it washes up fine. I hear, though, that dishwashers can eventually start to break down the net fibers, so watch for that.

I'm sure you can find these at Target, and I know they're at Babies R Us. The Munchkin one I got was $4 at Walmart, but I found a 2-pack at our Dillons grocery store (Krogers) for $7. I would have bought the 2-pack if I'd known! Better deal.

I haven't yet been able to try the momsicles. I need to get a skinny, cylinder shapes ice cube tray, like the one for freezing ice cubes for water bottles. But I read on my mesh feeder thread that the feeders are great that way.

Just wanted to update...I gave her one more frozen apple slice, and she devoured it again. Cried for more, but I didn't give her more. I think she liked how it felt on her gums. I didn't have any frozen bm to give, so I just removed the feeder from her sight (so she quickly forgot about it), cleaned her up, and gave her a teething toy, which she took just fine. I do think she is in love with apples. I don't get this reaction when I give her bananas!

A little while later, she had one of her "new poops", the ones she's been having occasionally since we began solids. The smell is so much stronger and the poop is so sticky!!! I've had to start scraping the poo from her cloth diapers before washing them, something I didn't have to do before because all she ever got was bm! Nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by shannon1976 View Post
    I haven't yet been able to try the momsicles. I need to get a skinny, cylinder shapes ice cube tray, like the one for freezing ice cubes for water bottles. But I read on my mesh feeder thread that the feeders are great that way.
    Instead of using those trays, I just put about an ounce of EBM in the bottom of a plastic baby bowl I got at target that has a cover ("stack n' save" or something like that.) When it freezes, it's a thin enough layer that I can easily break it up with my fingers and put it in the feeder. Works great!

Oh, and I found the feeders at Target also - I think we have the Munchkin ones. Pretty cheap and sold in a 2-pack. The mesh bag doesn't come off, but I like that about them. I just wash them in the sink after I do bottles. Easy!

have you tried pears? my dd LOVES pears and it may be a nice change for her. Also, watch for diah on too many apples - they go right through you sometimes