Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: STILL a "Walking Burp Cloth"

Default STILL a "Walking Burp Cloth"

My lo is 3 1/2 months old now. He still spits up ALL the time. From the end of one meal, to the beginnig of another. At night though he does not spit up so much.... we co-sleep and he doesn't really move too much. I burp him and try not to churn his tummy by to much movement. He is a happy guy, gaining well and has good output. Is this much spitting up at this age still considered normal?

Default Re: STILL a "Walking Burp Cloth"

Yep. Anything less than projectile vomit is considered normal. My son spit up and drooled so much we had brought like 8bibs out with us whenever we left the house. As long as he doesn't seem to be in any pain, it's just a laundry problem.

Way too lazy for formula

We also have the drool factor going on! I have to change my shirt as often as him sometimes!! When does it end? It doesn't seem to be letting up at all? I should probably invest in some more bibs and spit cloths!!

Oh man, I remember those days.

They're long gone, but I still definitely need new carpet.

It slowed when DD was about 5 months old, then completely stopped by 7 months. I don't know if that's going to be good news or bad news for you!
    Erin (32), breastfeeding CLW, knitting cloth-diapering crocheting, heirloom tomato-growing philosophizing poker-playing feminist artist mama to my 19 month old daughter! Baby #2 due January 2009.

still doing it at 6 months!
    -Katie

-Wife to Joe 5-15-04
    -First time mom to Courtney Ann 8-12-07
    -Became a mom of 2: Brendan Joseph was born 01-08-09
    -Breastfed both of them for one whole year
    -Now a new mom of 3: Emily Theresa born 12-14-11
    -Breastfeeding again and hope to go the full year!

Yeah...I just carried a ton of burp clothes and Had bibs that matched every outfit. Even after the spit up stopped he would soak 2-3 bibs in an outing until he was 9months old. The drool was worse for the top two teeth than the bottom two!

Way too lazy for formula

Ah man! I was hoping it would end sooner!!! As a naive new mother I put all of the bibs that I received away thinking we would not need them until Ari started eating solid food. I just pulled them out yesterday and realized what great protection they provide from spitup!

hmmm- My almost 9 month old still spits up at least 5 times a day!!
    But when she was an infant it was as many as 20 times a day or so.. maybe more sometimes!!!!

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!