Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pump Models

Default Pump Models

Hi- I have used a Pump In Style, borrowed from a friend for 4 months. Now she needs it back, so what I'm wondering is...has anyone used both the Pump in Style AND the Pump in Style Advanced? Any advice or tips? Do you perfer one or the other? Also I'm interested in the Medela Freestyle...has anyone used it?

Thanks!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Default Re: Pump Models

Hello,
    I recently bought my PIS advanced. At the hospital they told me they no longer make the PIS. The advanced has a two phase pump that helps with the letdown. The PIS does not have 2 phase.

I used the Ameda purely yours... totally loved it! I am happy to say that my pumping days are over, well, at least until I have another :wink
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

Medela's are the only ones I have found w/o BPA plastic, PIS regular is on sale as it's being discontinued, so I was debating on whether to spend a little more cash and go with the advanced.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10

Watch Your Language

I use the Ameda Purely Yours and love it. I'm on my second kid with it. Medela bottles are compatible with it, so if you are worried about BPAs, you can always just buy the bottles you want.

sounds great... thanks1
    My Boy 3-16-10

Watch Your Language

The Pump in Style and Pump in Style Advanced are very similar breast pumps, the main difference is that the Advanced has a setting to use for letdowns. It automatically uses a softer suction and fast cycle, similar to what a baby does when first latching on, for the first few minutes, then switches to longer, deeper cycles by itself. On the PIS, the mother can accomplish something similar by fiddling with the dials. The PISA also seems to have more variety in carrying bags, and the motor is usually removable. The parts for these two are interchangable.

The Lansinoh pump is made by Ameda, it's almost exactly like the Purely Yours, but with a different color case.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

Ameda also makes a Pump kit that is BPA free. I don't like it because it seems the breastsheild doesn't get a good fit.