Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Drinking and Bfing??

Default Drinking and Bfing??

What is everyones thoughts on this. I am not talking about alot of drinking, but just like one drink. I was on Vacation over the 4th of July and of course everyone was drinking and having a good time...not saying I have to drink ot have a good time, but sometimes I want to have like a wine cooler or a mixed drink or a glass of wine.....should you wait for a certain amount of time? And how much time? I know that it does pass thru the breastmilk. So what is everyones opinions??

Default Re: Drinking and Bfing??

I think I've heard that alcohol peaks in the breast milk an hour after consumption. Most things I've read said a glass every so often will do no harm. I've had a glass at dinner actually hoping it might make him sleepy! Didn't do a thing!

I have a beer with dinner probably 5 nights out of 7. I have, on one occasion, had 3. After not drinking for 9 months it went STRAIGHT to my head. DD was already in bed by then, so no nursing for 7 hours, but I never notice anything different with her.

I would have a glass of wine or a beer here and there and never noticed any difference in my DS. When possible, I would try to have it right after he nursed so that by the time he nursed again, it was pretty much out of my system. And, like the pp said - it won't take much for you to feel like you've had a drink. One to two is definitely my limit these days