Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: hard day

Default hard day

hard day today. LO , almost 4 weeks,wont sleep and wants my breast to be a passy. he wont feed fully cause he is so exhausted ... and when i lie down with him then try to sneak off- an alarm goes off in his head, and he wakes up.
    i cannot use the sling well yet, so i sent someone to get a front back-carrier. we will see if that helps and i can get something done!!
    1st time mom to Joshua, born 1/23/08 and I every minute of it!!!
    Exclusively and mostly !!
    never ends!

Default Re: hard day

Congrats on the new LO. Have you tried a swaddle blanket? Maybe if LO is nice and snug he wont notice if you slip off when he is asleep. It might work for an hour or so. My LO didn't like it too much, she is a big hand swinger But I'm also trying the sling thing and can't quite get it. I think it is too small. Let us know how it goes.

Tina - mom of Addison Belle
    12/11/07
    5lbs 13oz - 18in

and my VBAC ~ Olivia Grace
    9/12/09
    6lbs 8z - 18.5in

Mama....give up on getting things done the way you used to. Surrender to the baby, sleep any second he sleeps and just worry about surviving right now.

Do you have a significant other who could help with chores?

A sling, wrap or any good carrier will help you get more done!
    Last edited by NolaMomma; February 18th, 2008 at 05:21 PM.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

I agree 100% with nolamomma!! The baby is front and center right now and other things have to wait. If I can't do it while holding that baby then it doesn't get done until I have an extra pair of hands!

how long are you waiting before you try to sneak off? I find that if I lie with DD for 15-20 min I can get up and walk away and she wont wake up. I can even move her into her crib so that I can get some work done. but if I only lie with her for 5-10 min she will not be sleeping deeply enough and will wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaMomma View Post
    Mama....give up on getting things done the way you used to. Surrender to the baby, sleep any second he sleeps and just worry about surviving right now.
    Hang in there. It isn't easy. The good news is that it does get easier. If baby needs to be held/cuddled, breastfed or comforted, go ahead. You won't spoil your LO at this age or anytime soon for that matter.

Smile Re: hard day

doing to much at this point might put unneeded stress on you let the dishes pile up they dont mind and enjoy you LO

sucessfully breastfeeding my little princess for 10 months we are absolutely in love I know Im giving her the best and I know she'll grow healthy and strong!!
    Happily Nursing my Toddler

New to and loving that too!!!

My little Sarai loves her cloth
    And I love to them.....yes yet another cloth convert

Thumbs up Re: hard day

I completely understand!!!
    I was in the same situation and I just got a front infant carrier. It's called the Belle and I'm finally able to nurse (while wearing her) and get the laundry done : ) Now I'm an advocate with a sling, wrap and proper carrier

Quote Originally Posted by newmamma08 View Post
    hard day today. LO , almost 4 weeks,wont sleep and wants my breast to be a passy. he wont feed fully cause he is so exhausted ... and when i lie down with him then try to sneak off- an alarm goes off in his head, and he wakes up.
    i cannot use the sling well yet, so i sent someone to get a front back-carrier. we will see if that helps and i can get something done!!
    When DD was your sons age I used to turn on a heating pad in her bed before laying her down, turn it on bout 15 min before putting her down then remove from bed and turn off then lay baby on the warm spot. She would maybe fuss for couple seconds after layiing down but then go right back to sleep when she felt the warm spot. I also agree about the swaddling, it really made a big difference for us to have her arms secured.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaMomma View Post

Do you have a significant other who could help with chores?

A sling, wrap or any good carrier will help you get more done!
    i am single mom..... is the difficult part--- still a joy. thanks 4 the encouraging words
    1st time mom to Joshua, born 1/23/08 and I every minute of it!!!
    Exclusively and mostly !!
    never ends!