Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Milk poured out of her mouth??

Default Milk poured out of her mouth??

I have been back and forth with reflux to intestinal gas!! Yesterday my little one was so good all day long and my husband and I finally got some things done we actually had some energy!! Today, I was nursing her and she did good and was burped on the first breast the second one when I pulled her off to burp she had milk pouring from her mouth?? I have never seen so much come out!! She continued to spit up for about 10 minutes after that on and off. Maybe because I laid her down to get her dressed??? It did not even look like it made it to the stomach it looked like she held it in her mouth??( not curdled looking) So she continued to be fussy and crying for and hour after that and finaly went to sleep. Is this a sign of reflux as well??

DESPERATE!!!

Ruby

Default Re: Milk poured out of her mouth??

HI

i have the same problem. Can someone help?????

mom2sarvagnya

I'm sorry I can't help, I have that happen too, especially when we nurse to sleep, and I go to sleep before burping him.

Have you tried a new reflux medicine? That same exact thing happened about 18 hours after we started DS on Prevacid. I called the doc and he said to not give him anymore Prevacid for 24 hours and then to start again at half the dose. Sure enough that worked? HTH!