Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby food recipes

Default baby food recipes

Does anyone know any good website that has some good recipes to make baby food, or even a book?

Default Re: baby food recipes

Our pediatrician recommended "First Meals" by Annabel Karmel. It offers puree recipes for infants as well as meals for kids up to age 7. Some are pretty basic and others are more labor intensive. It also has some general nutrition info.

The Wholesome baby food website that Allyallyson post is a really good one.

you realy don't need a recipes.. anything that you want to introduce just either steam or boil on the stove top and mash.. for single things like carrots other veggies.
    have fun. my older kids I used jarred food but with my younger ones I just mashed up what ever table food we were having.
    WE didn't have any food alergies if we did I would have been more carefull with feeding them.
    we skipped rice cereal.

Whole Foods For Babies and Toddlers

It is available on this website and through the catalog.

Agreed that you don't *need* recipes. They are fun, though!

LLLJacqui is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I didn't use recipies... I just boiled stuff, threw it into a blender and then moved it into those Tupperware midgets. I labeled them and put them in the freezer and had them to thaw for the next day. They were great b/c I could take them anywhere like a jar of baby food and it was just the right size for a serving.

Sometimes I got "wild" and combined things like applesauce and sweet potatoes.

I also liked the book "Super Baby Food" for suggestions on how to prepare foods.

Jacqui

All great suggestions! Also note that if you are boiling food, many of the nutrients are going in to the water. You may want to use that water when pureeing the food in the food processer to soften it for beginners. Steaming veggies is a fantastic way to cook them and gets more of the nutrients to the baby. This has worked great as my son has gotten older and just eats the food mashed up or in little pieces.
    Kristie L.
    LLL Leader
    (the poster formerly known as fezzik812)
    Wife to Brett, Mommy to Seamus (5.1.05), and Emelie (1.18.08)
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Ghandi

We use a recipe book called "Blender Baby Food" and have been loving it. Although you may not need recipes -- it's been fun for me to get suggestions on how to combine foods. Makes it more interesting for you and for baby. I will spend a few hours preparing recipes on a weekend, then freeze food in ice cube trays. Later you can empty the trays into ziploc baggies and pull out as needed. I found that two cubes equal about 1/4 cup. Good Luck!!