Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Noisy tummy?

Default Noisy tummy?

Does anyone else's baby has a noisy tummy? Sometimes after I feed my 2 month old, I can hear a lot of rumblings in there, even after I've burped her. She doesn't seem fussy or in pain, just noisy. Is this normal or is something going on in there?

Default Re: Noisy tummy?

My dd too. Doesn't cause any discomfort so I've never given it too much thought. Sometimes I swear I can hear her swallow and have the milk hit her belly then lo and behold 1/2 way thru the feeding I can hear the rumbling. Sometimes my stomach does that when I'm digesting. I wonder if that could be it?

My dd's tummy does the exact same thing, and she acts like it doesn't bother her a bit.

I got a good piece of advice from my pedi. He said be careful not to put your feelings on your baby. Just because something bothers you doesn't mean it bothers them. He said they will let you know if it hurts them, and then you can treat her.

Thanks for your replies! I really wasn't worried, I just wondered what it was. I suppose it is the same as my tummy making noises to digest...it's just so much louder! Probably because she's so much smaller.

Great advice from your pediatrician!! We'd all be crazy if I did that My husband tells me to "chill", kinda the same thing