Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: no teeth?

Default no teeth?

my son turned one year old today and has no teeth. (at least i don't have to worry about being bitten.) he hasn't even been teething yet. this is very odd to me. my daughter (now 6 yrs) started getting teeth at 7 months old. my son was premature, but i'm not sure if that makes a difference at this age. is this something i should be worried about?

Default Re: no teeth?

Nah, what would worring help? You can talk to his Dr about it, but it's not like the Dr can make his teeth come in any faster. I have heard of babies as old as 14 mo with no teeth yet. Still others are actually born with teeth already cut. Just goes to show you how broad the range of normal is.

that's good to hear. i wasn't too worried, but my mom and other people have made comments about it. so i guess i was just looking for the answer you gave me. so i can give myself some peace of mind. thanks.

I posted the same in your other thread.

I read somewhere that isn't something to worry about until your LO is around 15 months, but I don't remember where I read it. My son cut his first tooth days before his birthday and at 13 months only have 3. The fact that your LO was a preemie might make a difference but I ain't sure either

The range of normal for teeth is about the widest for any developmental issue. My son cut his two bottom teeth at about 7 months and then didn't start even cutting another tooth until he was a year old. Then, all of a sudden, he is cutting them ALL at one time! Every baby is different and they all eventually get teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by mama2two
    that's good to hear. i wasn't too worried, but my mom and other people have made comments about it. so i guess i was just looking for the answer you gave me. so i can give myself some peace of mind. thanks.
    Wow, and people were giving me comments when DS was 9 months and had no teeth! He cut one, and then no more appeared until around a year. He's still "missing" teeth. Less for me to have to try to brush!

You could ask a pediatric dentist the next time you're in with your other child and see what they think, just for interest's sake.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!