Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this normal?

cmp12345 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Is this normal?

I've been feeding my 12 month old blueberries. I noticed that they come out whole in her poop. I think other solids she eats also come out whole, but I just can't tell. Is that normal?

Default Re: Is this normal?

It`s completely normal. Have you given raisins? They come out as grapes.

Mommy to a busy toddler

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain that which he cannot lose."
    Jim Elliot

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Very common and very normal.

Are the blueberries big enough to cut into halves or quarters for now? She may not be chewing them enough.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Whole blueberries would make me think she is not chewing. I woud cut them if you can or get smaller blueberries. I know the skins are not processed very well just like raisins and grapes.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

The body does get some nutrients out of foods that appear to be undigested. Beans and corn also seem to come out whole. But they get something out of it!

Smile Re: Is this normal?

yes its normal . once my dd ate melon and then later that afternoon i smelled melon well low and behold she had portions of it in her diapee now thats just gross but good luck with the blueberry thing

sucessfully breastfeeding my little princess for 10 months we are absolutely in love I know Im giving her the best and I know she'll grow healthy and strong!!
    Happily Nursing my Toddler

New to and loving that too!!!

My little Sarai loves her cloth
    And I love to them.....yes yet another cloth convert

cmp12345 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

do you think cutting up her food (since she obviously doesn't chew well) will help the body get more nutrients out?

All 3 of my kids did this. TMI: I remember pulling out a sliced mushroom out of my DD's butt one time :

I'm not sure if cutting it up would make a difference. I had to cut my DD's food for the longest time since she had a tongue anomaly, I don't think it made much of a difference.
    Celeste
    Mommy to:
    Kalynn 8/12/02
    Ronin and Ryker 10/9/2006

Sometimes I think food gets put back together inside the kids' bodies! And the raisins that return to grape form are soooo !
    Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

The other day I read this post (first couple of posts were there) and thought: how funny... in a way...

well, yesterday we had carrots and zucchini chunks in the diaper (DS's dinner of the previous day): thank goodness I had read the post and checked it again today (and see how many 'it's normal' responses there are) otherwise I would have stopped right away to give him solids, thinking his body cannot handle them... lol
    yes, my son comfort nurses, and I comfort forum!
    teeth counter now scoring: 11!
    WAHM (though hubby behaves like I'm a SAHM) to Luca Johannes, born 23/04/2007
    as well as his great-grandmother (23/04/1916) and his aunt (23/04/1972)
    - both delighted by the generational continuity...