Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Milk - HELP ME!!!

Default Re: No Milk - HELP ME!!!

Thank You all for your advise, encouragment and recources. I have just happened to run into a women today at a photo shoot for my son who is involved with the league and is going to give me information on a wonderful resource in our area who helped her. My husband and mother agreed to take days off next week so I can spend the whole day is bed with my son and feed on demand while they take care of everything else (prepare a bottle after feeding ect.). Currently he is eating 3 to 3 1/2 ounces a feeding aproximatley 7 times a day , hopefully I can catch up soon! Hopefully 3-4 full days of skin on skin and nursing jumps starts and gets things going. I dont want to lose any more prececious time!

if it helps, i used fenugreek pills (which I found from a lc at a local drug store - health section) and I also drank organic mother's milk tea and organic raspberry leaf tea (also through a lc at a drug store). You can also find the teas at Whole Foods grocery stores, if you live near one of those. They helped me a TON when I went through an undersupply.

good luck~

that's great that you are getting in touch with an lll leader. they should really be able to help! as you probably know, everytime your baby got a bottle of formula instead of nursing, your breasts didn't get the message to make more milk. even if you pumped during those times (which does help) it's not the same as baby nursing.

try to take it one day at a time. if your baby has one good nursing session per day, that's wonderful! next day shoot for two good sessions! try not to focus too quickly on getting your baby completely off formula. you are a smart momma to know that some of your baby's problems are happening because of the formula.

if you drink that tea you have to drink A LOT of cups. some women have found eating oatmeal every day will boost their milk supply. actually taking fenugreek pills may be better than the tea. getting rest, eating a healthy diet and drinking water to thrist are also important. it sounds like you have a great support team who will help you get this accomplished. keep us posted!

Anne- Mom to two active boys: Henry 10/06 and Jamie 4/09

Looking for an LLL leader in your area? click:
    http://www.llli.org/webindex.html

confused about abbreviations? check this out:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=807

Hey FirstTimeMommy,

I have a 5 week old now and we're just coming to the end of our low/no milk supply problems. Yes there will be an end to your worries!

I tried everything I could to bring on my milk and increase my supply:
    Fenugreek & Blessed Thiste (herbs), Rasberry Leaf tea, Pumping, demand feeding, skin to skin (take them in the bath with you - so nice!) and finally domperidome (medication).
    Nothing worked for me until I started the medication (3 days ago). Now my LO is happier and cries so much less. Believe me, I understand the guilt and tears that go with everything.

I also hated using formula because my little guy didn't react well to it either.
    If you can get your hands on a little 5cc tube (5 French), you can then feed your LO the formula at the breast instead of bottles (because preparing the bottles is SO much work compared to the breast).

Good luck and keep getting hugs from anyone you can

This may sound crazy but you can try these if you are comfortable.

In the early days I used beetlenut leaf to try and open up pores. Now I dont know it works but I did it anyways. I dont know where you live but you can get beetlenut leaves in Indian stores. Just warm it up on a skillet and gently rub on the nipples. I believe it helps in opening up pores. there may be other leaves that may help.

Also I ate a lot of Dill, BottleGourd(kinda squash also called opu), fenugreek which again I believe helps in increasing the supply.

A friend of mine ate a lot of Tuna which is good for milk.