Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facing Weaning- Very sad :(

Default Re: Facing Weaning- Very sad :(

Wow
    a great feeling of pride welled up in me on reading your post. CONGRATULATIONS. your devotion has created a very smart, confident, strong minded, self directed youngster who feels very secure in the love and care you have given him.
    I am proud of him for choosing to start the next phase of his life. Aren't htese breast fed ones brilliant.
    I hope you will find assurance of your wonderful, courageous effort over these past 15 months.

s to you momma! My DS#1 self weaned at 13 months, I like you have had problems with depression and it was awful for me... I really mourned our "boobie time"

be proud of the 15 months you did make it!!!! too many mom's give up in less than 15 days, you did GREAT

Tiffany
    Mommie to
    Brian Christian 4/12/06
    Bryce Alexander 11/8/07

back to work on Jan 7th and FIRED on the 31st!

'ing fool!
    http://www.virginiahypnobirthing.com
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...bymonster1.gif

WOW! Congrats!
    I hope to BF that long! Dont feel sad one bit. As you know, there are very FEW moms out there that BF that long....kudos 2 U!

Proud mother of our beautiful little angel in heaven (19 weeks on 1/19/2007)

Proud mother of Jadon Eli born 6/26/07 (a TTTS survivor) My joy and miracle baby

[

Thank you all so much.

I guess we are harder on ourselves than others are.

I only breastfed my oldest for 5 months, so I did make it futher this time. And you guys are right, so many moms don't make it past the 1st 6 weeks.

I guess I'm just sad. I feel like it's my fault, like I'm not dedicated enough. But that CAN'T be it,we had thrush when he was a newborn and I would scream when he latched on and cry the entire time he nursed and then I bit my hubby's head off when he suggested I give him a bottle (cause he hated seeing me in that much pain) LOL ..... good memories ....

Thank you ladies. I'm still quite sad, but I know that it's for the best as I need medication that isn't safe for him...