Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Thrush? I have no signs, ds has white inside mouth

Default Thrush? I have no signs, ds has white inside mouth

I am wondering if we have thrush and don't know it - or he is teething so much that he is chewing the insides of his cheeks. I have no signs/symptoms, and neither does my son, other that the white spots on the inside of his mouth.

He does have white stuff on his tongue, but he always does after a feeding.

It may sound odd, but I have been eating a lot more bread than normal lately. Could that be it?

Should I go get that stuff from walgreen's everyone talks about?

Please educate me! I have been to the page from LLL on thrush, and read in the book, and am just confused because of the lack of symptoms.

Thanks in advance,
    Di

Default Re: Thrush? I have no signs, ds has white inside mouth

When my dd had thrush I had no signs. It is possible for either one of you not to have symptoms. Go see your dr. If you do have it both of you should be treated. Is he pulling off the breast during feeds? That was the deciding factor for us. My DD just couldn't get comfy, every 2 mins she was pulling off. If she does have thrush insist on you being treated as well so you aren't passing it back and forth. Good luck

The way I found out was his tongue kept gettting whiter. Yes their tongue does stay white from the milk, but it quikly moves to the roof of their mouth and sometimes their lips. Hopes this helps if you have not already gone to the DR. I got it a little and just used an antifungal cream per DR.'s request.

We struggled with this for about a month. We had no signs at first either except the while tongue. It never progressed to more than that iehter. The white just didn't wipe off. Also eventually my nipples became painful so we had to try different treatments. You may be talking about Gentian Violet. go to the MD first because you may have a mild case that can be cleared up by the cream or Nystatin since GV is messy.
    Good Luck!

milk comes off easily if wiped. otherwise, it's likely thrush. i used sterile gauze to wipe it once daily. and gave my bb acidophilus capsules once daily too. cleared up well within 20 doses. i also took acidophilus to prevent passing it to and fro bb and me.
    yes, i was told bread, sugars may be factors becos of the yeast since thrush is a yeast infection. cut the bread n see how it goes?