Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby Flat Head

Default Baby Flat Head

Hey there

My dd is 9 weeks and has developed a sizable flat spot on her head. I am wondering if anybody has has success using the sleep position pillow like things that for the life of me I can't remember what they are called. They are 2 small round pillows attached by a panel, designed to keep baby from rolling over. I have tried rolling blankets but she is a strong little one that pushes till she is on her back. Anything besides sleep positioning supposed to work? She is also a light sleeper that doesn't like to be touched once she is in bed

Default Re: Baby Flat Head

Well, those things are actually designed to keep baby on her back! But mine actually came with a little memory foam pillow that's supposed to be for that and Boppy make something called a "Noggin Nest" also specifically designed to fight flat head syndrome. That one actualy goes in everything. It fits in the carseat, bouncy chair and stroller. sell for about $10 at babies r us....

Pazygozo is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

We've been using the little Boppy thing, and it has worked really well for us.

HI!

Flat spots on babies heads have increased significantly since the "back to sleep" campagin ( a wonderful campagin; has reduced SIDS significantly - so keep sleeping young infants on thier backs)

The memory foam is a good option for sleeping times. WHen your baby is awake and with you, make a strong effort to have side play and tummy play time more than laying on thier back and playing time. Also, if your baby spends time in a bouncy chair, that is "on her back" time and can contribute to her flat spot.....work on keeping her out of the back positions when she's awake!

Have lots of fun with it ....many times the flat spot will fix itself when given the opportunity