Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: large breast

Unhappy large breast

Suddenly i have had a huge influx of milk and now my baby is having a hard time latching on because the nipple is harder to latch on. Does anybody have any suggestions?
    Thanks,

Default Re: large breast

Perhaps a warm shower will help? Try frequently nursing to prevent it from happening again.

http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/engorgement.html

Default Re: large breast

Quote Originally Posted by jsun
    my baby is having a hard time latching on because the nipple is harder to latch on
    Be very careful to not let the baby latch on incorrectly. This can cause damage to your nipples. I know that it can be tempting because it can be nearly impossible to latch the baby with hardened areolas. A good trick is called Reverse Pressure Softening. This is where you press with all of your fingers into the areola and hold them there for a minute or more. When you remove you fingers you should have an easier time latching the baby. Repeat the reverse pressure softening until you can latch the baby correctly. I learned this trick with my second and really wish that I had known about it for my first.

Hang in there the engorement should settle down soon enough and then you'll be worrying about where all the milk went. Good Luck.