Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Weaned in Nov, BUT he's still processing

Default Weaned in Nov, BUT he's still processing

So Mark and I had such a sweet conversation last night. He's 29 months and weaned last Novemeber. While sitting on my lap facing me he announced very seriously that he loved my nurse (used as a noun and referring to my breast). I responded that I loved him. He then made sure I had understood him and told me that he use to drink from nurse at bedtime. I agreed that he had. He then clarified that he had drank from them in the nursery and for emphasis touched both breast with his hands. Then it all made sense. On Tuesday we moved Mark out of his bedroom and into Paul's room (making room for our new arrival to use his old room). To clarify which room was what that evening I had called his old room the nursery - well, his little mind definately caught the origins of that word NURSEry. I eneded the coversation asking him how he drank now and he told me water and I added that he drank milk from a sippy cup. He seemed pleased by this statement of fact. I'm just so amazed by how important nursing still is to him.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

Default Re: Weaned in Nov, BUT he's still processing

aww My six year old was weaned at 15 months due to a very bad breast infection that resulted from her biting me but to this day she is facinated by breastfeeding. She watches as I nurse the new baby and tells me "I used to drink mama milk too didn't I?" and she will then say "If I ever have a baby I plan to feed it mama milk cause *baby* really likes it" My four year old I have caught nursing her baby dolls. They just don't associate baby bottles with feeding a baby I really do think its a lifetime bond that they appreciate.

what a beautiful story...we should all be so lucky. I love that "nursery" reminded him of bfing - too sweet

Oh, that hits a chord with me.
    Very sweet, but a little bittersweet maybe? Or maybe I'm projecting...

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Yes a little bittersweet
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.